Cloud Readiness Assessment
Are You Ready to Migrate to the Cloud?
Moving your IT infrastructure and workloads into the Cloud will have an impact throughout your organization. A move to the cloud should be predicated by a complete understanding of the technology, the market, your current and desired future state, and how they align to cloud adoption goals. Without knowing your state of readiness to embrace and adopt the cloud, you can make mistakes that can prove to be very costly in the long run, and lead to unmitigated disasters.
Organizations are progressively moving their core infrastructure operations, and business critical applications into private, semi-private, or public cloud computing environments. There are inherent risks associated with this shift in business demand. The Cloud Readiness Assessment was created to evaluate an enterprise’s potential to function in the cloud and suggest modifications where needed to mitigate risks and improve agility.
A Cloud Readiness Assessment Consists of Working with you to:
- Understand the driver(s) behind cloud adoption
- Define your goals and vision for the cloud, including specific value proposition for obtaining services from a cloud vendor
- Illicit and document your business and technical requirements as they pertain to the cloud
- Conduct GAP analysis between your current state and desired future state for cloud readiness
- Highlight areas of improvement
- Provide an overview of next steps which include a 12, 18 or 24 month roadmap based on findings from the cloud readiness assessment
Key Deliverables from the Cloud Readiness Assessment Include:
- A Discovery and Assessment Summary – document that summarizes the results of the assessment engagement
- Cloud Readiness Score – An overall readiness score as well as detailed scoring for each category of Cloud assessment (Organization, Application, Infrastructure)